About Picco Puppy
G’day, welcome to Picco Puppy!
My name’s Michael (@PiccoPuppy), and I’m a Chinese-English-Australian. I live with my wonderful wife of eighteen years, and two beautiful boys, ten and fifteen. We live in the quiet, leafy Sydney suburb of Killara, New South Wales, Australia.
I am the author of I Wish You Happiness, a multi award-winning, children’s book. This beautifully illustrated picture book is diverse and inclusive, offering loving and inspirational wishes to empower children to be the best they can be.
I ran a successful Kickstarter campaign for the book, in June, 2020. A total of 187 generous backers pledged AU$8,739 for 400 copies of the beautiful hardcover.
I Wish You Happiness has sold thousands of copies since its release on November 20, 2020. Discover why so many teachers, grandparents, parents, librarians, and children’s book authors are love, recommend, and give the book as gifts to loved ones.
- Mom’s Choice Awards® GOLD Award
- 2021 International Book Awards WINNER
- 2020 Wishing Shelf Book Awards WINNER
- 2020 National Indie Excellence Awards WINNER
- 2020 Foreword Indies FINALIST (winners to be announced June 17, 2021)
- Story Monsters APPROVED Award
Wanted: Reviewers/Bloggers/Influencers/Read-Aloud YouTubers/Writers
If you’re a book reviewer/blogger, social media influencer*, read-aloud YouTuber*, or freelance writer that writes about children’s books for popular websites/publications, contact us for a complimentary review copy of I Wish You Happiness. Conditions apply. *Influencers/YouTubers must have a sizeable engaged following beyond family and friends.
Picco Puppy books have appeared on these fine websites, social media pages, and YouTube channels.
- “We are BIG fans! Your book is AMAZING!!! I would like 60 copies and we need them before June 18 if possible (it’s our last day of school). We are planning on gifting your book to each of our students and writing a short note in them to each student and then hopefully each of the teachers in future grades will also sign the book with a short message of their own and the book will become a keepsake.” – Karyn, Newmarket Elementary School, NH.
- “One of my favorite books this year was ‘I wish you Happiness.’ There are so many things to love about this book. This book has beautiful, diverse, and inclusive illustrations and the message is just wonderful. It provides a supportive and positive message of hope, which is especially needed during these challenging times!!” – Madison, Lewisville, TX – 26,400 followers (May 18, 2021)
- “This beautiful book made me tear up when reading it to Kate. The pictures are whimsical and beautiful. I love the message in the book. It’s a perfect gift for a baby shower or a beautiful book to read at the end of the year with your students on the last day of school.” – Jenny, Kindergarten teacher, Illinois – 19,400 followers (April 23, 2021)
- “This was a great book that I highly recommend.” ★★★★★ Jennifer Gladen, author, A Star in the Night and Teresa’s Shadow, columnist at Catholic Mom, member of the Catholic Writers Guild (C.W.G.), and P.A.L member of the S.C.B.W.I. (Dec. 2, 2020)
- “I Wish You Happiness is a highly recommended and inspiring read.” ★★★★★ Melinda Facal, Readers’ Favorite (Dec. 1, 2020)
- “A warm hug of a picture book wishing all children happy, fulfilled, and meaningful lives.” Kirkus Reviews (Nov. 28, 2020)
- “A beautifully illustrated collection of inspiring wishes to empower children to be the best they can be.” (Editor’s Picks) Booklife (Nov., 2020)
- Indiegogo: Order I Wish You Happiness (July 3+, 2020)
- Kickstarter: Thank you so much to the 187 backers who ordered 400 copies of I Wish You Happiness! ❤️ (June 2 – July 3, 2020)
- I Wish You Happiness, A Children’s Book – Thank you to Wanda Luthman for sharing my book and story on her blog (July 27, 2020)
- Interview with Children’s Author Michael Wong – Thank you to Jane Ballard for interviewing me on her A Girl and Her Book Reviews blog (Oct. 26, 2019)
- Rated: 4.14/5 · 29 ratings · 9 reviews – Goodreads
- “Bedtime for Picco Puppy is highly recommended” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Aug. 19, 2019)
- “RECOMMENDED by the US Review” – The US Review of Books
- Rated: 5/5 · 5 ratings · 4 reviews – Goodreads
- “A lovely book to give a child confidence and if Picco can do it so can they.” (Recommendations: Indie Books We Love) – LoveReading4Kids (Sept. 9, 2019)
- “Picco Puppy Loves Soccer is most highly recommended.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Sept. 17, 2019)
- “This picture book is an excellent choice for read-aloud and for boosting fragile egos that face failure from activities they would otherwise love.” (Reviewer’s Choice) – Midwest Book Review (Nov. 2019)
- “Wong’s picture book is so cheery that it will immediately draw children into the story” ★★★★★ – Red City Review
- “…readers will find themselves rooting for Picco on his journey to achieve his dream” – The US Review of Books
- “Picco Puppy’s Counting Book provides an inspiring and infectiously fun way for parents to introduce numbers and counting to their pre-k children.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Oct. 28, 2019)
- “Picco Puppy Says Yes is highly recommended.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Nov. 22, 2019)