About Picco Puppy
G’day, welcome to Picco Puppy! My name’s Michael (@MichaelWongAuthor), and I’m a Chinese-English-Aussie. I live with my wonderful wife of eighteen years, and two beautiful boys, nine and fifteen, in the leafy Sydney suburb of Killara, New South Wales, Australia.
I am the author of I Wish You Happiness, a beautifully illustrated, diverse and inclusive children’s book of loving and inspirational wishes to empower children to be the best they can be. I ran a successful Kickstarter campaign for the book, in June, 2020. A total of 187 generous backers pledged AU$8,739 for 400 copies of the beautiful hardcover.
Join over two thousand readers and discover why so many teachers, grandparents, parents, librarians, and authors are loving, recommending, and giving the book as gifts to loved ones.
Wanted: Reviewers/Bloggers/Influencers/Read-Aloud YouTubers/Writers
If you’re a book reviewer/blogger, social media influencer*, read-aloud YouTuber*, or freelance writer that writes about children’s books for popular websites/publications, contact us for a complimentary review copy of I Wish You Happiness. Conditions apply. *Influencers/YouTubers must have a sizeable engaged following beyond family and friends.
Picco Puppy books have appeared on these fine websites, social media pages, and YouTube channels.
- “The illustrations in this book are absolutely amazing.” – Lesley, 2nd grade teacher @ the_jolly_classroom – 650 followers (Feb. 15, 2021)
- “This would make a cute gift for a special kiddo in your life 🥰” – Kim, kindergarten teacher @livelaughilovekindergarten – 19,900 followers (Feb. 12, 2021)
- “Everything about this book is beautiful!😍 The words, the illustrations, and all the happy things it wishes us.” – Sarah, 1st grade teacher @asunnydayinfirstgrade – 10,400 followers (Feb. 11, 2021)
- “This was a great book that I highly recommend.” ★★★★★ Jennifer Gladen, author, A Star in the Night and Teresa’s Shadow, columnist at Catholic Mom, member of the Catholic Writers Guild (C.W.G.), and P.A.L member of the S.C.B.W.I. (Dec. 2, 2020)
- “I Wish You Happiness is a highly recommended and inspiring read.” ★★★★★ Melinda Facal, Readers’ Favorite (Dec. 1, 2020)
- “A warm hug of a picture book wishing all children happy, fulfilled, and meaningful lives.” Kirkus Reviews (Nov. 28, 2020)
- “A beautifully illustrated collection of inspiring wishes to empower children to be the best they can be.” (Editor’s Picks) Booklife (Nov., 2020)
- Indiegogo: Order I Wish You Happiness (July 3+, 2020)
- Kickstarter: Thank you so much to the 187 backers who ordered 400 copies of I Wish You Happiness! ❤️ (June 2 – July 3, 2020)
- I Wish You Happiness, A Children’s Book – Thank you to Wanda Luthman for sharing my book and story on her blog (July 27, 2020)
- Interview with Children’s Author Michael Wong – Thank you to Jane Ballard for interviewing me on her A Girl and Her Book Reviews blog (Oct. 26, 2019)
- Rated: 4.14/5 · 29 ratings · 9 reviews – Goodreads
- “Bedtime for Picco Puppy is highly recommended” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Aug. 19, 2019)
- “RECOMMENDED by the US Review” – The US Review of Books
- Rated: 5/5 · 5 ratings · 4 reviews – Goodreads
- “A lovely book to give a child confidence and if Picco can do it so can they.” (Recommendations: Indie Books We Love) – LoveReading4Kids (Sept. 9, 2019)
- “Picco Puppy Loves Soccer is most highly recommended.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Sept. 17, 2019)
- “This picture book is an excellent choice for read-aloud and for boosting fragile egos that face failure from activities they would otherwise love.” (Reviewer’s Choice) – Midwest Book Review (Nov. 2019)
- “Wong’s picture book is so cheery that it will immediately draw children into the story” ★★★★★ – Red City Review
- “…readers will find themselves rooting for Picco on his journey to achieve his dream” – The US Review of Books
- “Picco Puppy’s Counting Book provides an inspiring and infectiously fun way for parents to introduce numbers and counting to their pre-k children.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Oct. 28, 2019)
- “Picco Puppy Says Yes is highly recommended.” ★★★★★ – Readers’ Favorite (Nov. 22, 2019)